How transparent has Pfizer been? In the book’s more than 200 pages, one topic is not explored in any real depth—side effects. Although the vaccine is generally regarded as safe, side effects do appear to be more common—and perhaps more severe—than for other widely used vaccines. In the 2020 clinical trial that provided the basis for FDA emergency-use authorization, more than 83% of 18- to 55-year-old participants (in comparison with 14% of those injected with a placebo) reported arm pain after their first shot, and approximately a third had a fever in reaction to their second (in contrast to less than 1% for a placebo).
Energy and Commerce subcommittee on oversight and investigations met on Tuesday to beat up on Medicare Advantage plans. Chairwoman Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO) claimed seniors are “required to jump through numerous hoops” to get the care they need.
On Tuesday, the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration met to discuss the Covid-19 vaccine booster. The advisory committee was tasked to decide whether to recommend updating the Covid vaccine to contain an Omicron component for booster vaccines in the United States. Public health officials are concerned that the arrival of colder weather than keeps people indoors along with emerging variants could result in a sharp rise in Covid cases.
- California opens Medicaid to illegal aliens.
- CDC looked at fake numbers in deciding whether children should get the Covid vaccine.
- Government run health care: In jails and prisons its awful.
- Gene editing can alter plants and fight cancer in humans – are designer babies next?
- Krugman completely loses it: compares the GOP to the KKK. (Hmm, wasn’t the KKK a Democratic organization?)